Innovation Village is Baltimore’s first Innovation district, spanning 1,300 acres as a multi-sector partnership of anchor institutions, businesses, local, state, and federal, agencies in partnership with residents for the growth of a mixed-use economic development district around innovation, entrepreneurship, and small business. We seek to create inclusive opportunity, economic vitality, and quality of life in central West Baltimore.
This position is based in Baltimore, MD and we ask that interns be able to commit to at least 3 months, and preferably longer. Interns will be unpaid and will be expected to be available at least 20 hours per week. Academic credit may be offered.
Sample Projects may include:
1. Supporting the execution of specific projects in the Innovation Village District
2. Working with team members to conduct research and assist with programs related to Baltimore’s neighborhood business districts
3. Assisting with event / meeting planning and execution
4. Assisting with networking and educational events for Baltimore’s neighborhood business district organizations
5. Coordination of stakeholders meetings for innovation projects
6. Promoting the Innovation District through media and marketing, responding to inquiries, and researching additional resources
7. Supporting Innovation Village business attraction/ retention efforts
Proficiency in Microsoft Office (including PowerPoint and Access), Publisher, Mapping tools, Publisher and ArcView are prefered. To apply, please provide a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to email@example.com by May 31, 2017.
Innovation Village offers a unique opportunity to work with an organization that has a direct impact on the lives of Baltimore residents by supporting their entrepreneurial endeavors to improve quality of life, protect the community, and promote social justice.
For specific questions, please contact:
Karina Mandell, Innovation & Education Coordinator